Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday | Books I Meant to Read in 2017 but Didn't!

Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog! Today I'll be participating in Top Ten Tuesday, a meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Today is actually the last day The Broke and the Bookish is hosted Top Ten Tuesday. The meme will now be hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl!

I first just wanted to start off this post by saying THANK YOU to the women at The Broke and the Bookish. Before I started my blog, I somehow stumbled upon their Top Ten Tuesday posts. I visited their blog every now and again, and after around a year and a half after seeing these posts, I started my own blog here. I want to take the time to thank The Broke and Bookish for introducing me to this wonderful community, and being one of the main factors in my decision to start blogging.

With that done, let's talk books!! Here are ten books I said I would read in 2017, and didn't. I decided to look at my posts from last year about my most anticipated releases or those I wanted to read for challenges, and pick the ones I'm still the most excited about.

1) Flame in the Mist by Renee Ahdieh
I have a signed hard copy of this! SIGNED. And I still haven't read it.... What am I doing?

2) Compulsion by Martina Boone
I've owned this book since it's release, when I went to a book signing and got this signed. Once again, I'm not reading my signed books! I did read a teaser of this online one day, and liked what I read, so hopefully I'll actually read it this year.

3) Infinity by Jus Accardo
I proclaim that YA sci-fi is one of my favorite genres, and yet I have owned this book for around 2 years and have yet to read it. *sigh*

4) Map of Fates by Maggie Hall
I absolutely loved The Conspiracy of Us. It's been so long since I've read the first book, but now I own the second, so I can get back to the series. However, it's been quite a while, and I'm worried that I'll have to do some rereading/skimming of the first to remember everything.

5) Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
This is a sequel to A Thousand Pieces Above You, which I did enjoy but thought was problematic after reading this blog post (please read it!!). I'm torn on reading this series and promoting the series through reviews, so I might not put a review up on this book. 

6) The Rose and the Dagger by Renee Ahdieh
Another Ahdieh book makes another appearance! I really enjoyed The Wrath and the Dawn (review here!).  Why haven't I read the sequel? Because I want to own the matching sequel book cover, and I haven't bought it yet (I have a hard time buying books when there's libraries). BUT I will be buying the sequel and I will be reading it!

7) We Are Okay by Nina LaCour
Nina LaCour isn't one of my favorite authors, but she has the potential to be. I loved Everything Leads to You and Hold Still, so there's really no plausible reason why I haven't read this, especially because I have an ARC copy of it...yikes!

8) Defy the Stars by Claudia Gray
So this is the on my radar the least out of all ten books, but I might give it a whirl. But the synopsis sounds amazing, and while I haven't *loved* any books by Gray, the two I have read were enjoyable for the most part.

9) Fireblood by Elly Blake
Fireblood is the sequel to Frostblood (review here), which while it wasn't original, I did enjoy. I decided to read this series for a year-long challenge, so now I actually need to read this!

10) The Body Electric by Beth Revis
Last but not least, is another signed book I got very soon after it's release at a book event! Beth Revis wrote the Across the Universe trilogy, which I loved at the time of reading them. I have started this book several times (and the first 20 pages are great), but then I always get super busy and put it down. One of these days I will read more than the first 20 pages!

Have you read any of these books? What did you think? 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

12 comments:

  1. I need to get to Ten Thousand Skies Above You too! As well as the final book! Lol!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, looks like we're both on the same page - literally and figuratively!

      Delete
  2. I liked The Rose and The Dagger even more than The Wrath and The Dawn! Hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to hear! I just have to go out and buy it; it's calling my name!

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these books but Infinity is one that I've had my eye on. I hope that you are able to read some of these books soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! My ambitious goal is to have them all reviewed as well. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi! I still need to read We Are Okay :)
    My TTT
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no clue why I haven't read The Body Electric yet since I loved her last series.

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did as well! I'm really slacking on reading some of her stuff. And I also didn't bring The Body Electric to college with me, so I won't be reading it for a while. :\

      Delete
  6. I really wanted to get to "Map of Fates" as well -- I feel like it was so long ago that I read "The Conspiracy of Us" and I do think a re-read will have to be in order before I read the sequel. Same goes with "The Rose and the Dagger" -- ah, the trouble with continued series!!!
    Rosie @ Rosie Writes Things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry it took so long for me to respond!! Sometimes comments get lost if I don't constantly check because of how the blogger system is set up. :(

      I feel like I'll have to re-read it as well, but I don't necessarily want to.. Hopefully I'll find a spoilery review!

      I'm the worst with continuing with series, so I know how you feel! Let's make 2018 the year where we catch up! :D

      Delete