Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Waiting on Wednesday #59!

Hi everyone and welcome back to my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Waiting on Wednesday, and meme originally created by Jill @ Breaking the Spine. Jill hasn't been active for a while, so Tressa @ Wishful Endings has adopted it! If you see posts by the name of "Can't Wait Wednesday," it's the same thing!

The book I'm looking forward to this week is Markswoman by Rati Mehrotra!

Kyra is the youngest Markswoman in the Order of Kali, a highly trained sisterhood of elite warriors armed with telepathic blades. Guided by a strict code of conduct, Kyra and the other Orders are sworn to protect the people of Asiana. But to be a Markswoman, an acolyte must repudiate her former life completely. Kyra has pledged to do so, yet she secretly harbors a fierce desire to avenge her dead family.

When Kyra’s beloved mentor dies in mysterious circumstances, and Tamsyn, the powerful, dangerous Mistress of Mental Arts, assumes control of the Order, Kyra is forced on the run. Using one of the strange Transport Hubs that are remnants of Asiana’s long-lost past, she finds herself in the unforgiving wilderness of desert that is home to the Order of Khur, the only Order composed of men. Among them is Rustan, a young, disillusioned Marksman whom she soon befriends.

Kyra is certain that Tamsyn committed murder in a twisted bid for power, but she has no proof. And if she fails to find it, fails in her quest to keep her beloved Order from following Tamsyn down a dark path, it could spell the beginning of the end for Kyra--and for Asiana.

But what she doesn’t realize is that the line between justice and vengeance is razor thin . . . thin as the blade of a knife.


Here are some stats about the book:
Genre - YA Fantasy
Release Date - January 23, 2018
Publisher - Harper Voyager
Pages - 384

Why I'm Waiting
I mean...just read the synopsis! Doesn't Kyra sound like a total badass? I love how she is elite warrior, determined for justice and figuring out the truth. Sometimes protagonists are passive, but this one seems very much active. She's doing the action, the action isn't necessarily being done to her. I'm sure that there are going to be antagonists, but I love a character who takes action! Plus, the goodreads reviews are all pretty positive!

Are you looking forward to Markswoman?
Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!
Happy Reading!
Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

20 comments:

  1. Ooh nice! Been seeing this one quite a bit lately! Hope you love it too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I actually saw this on a WoW earlier! I'll be sure to check out your post!

      Delete
  2. The synopsis... The cover... I want to read this one too now! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love the cover of this book! Great pick! Thanks for checking out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one seems like a epic battle. Can't wait to read your review! Hope you like it!

    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela! I'm keeping my hopes up that I'll love it, but I don't want to have too high of expectations.

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of this one yet. It sounds great though and I just added it on Goodreads. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an amazing cover, and the premise sounds fantastic. Adding this to my TBR as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? Whoever designed the cover did a great job! I hope you love it Greg!

      Delete
  7. I am looking forward to reading this book as well! I love the cover and the story sounds excellent. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a great week, Genni. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alyssa! You too. :) I'm looking forward to your review!

      You too Alyssa! :D

      Delete
  8. Oh this cover and the description are amazing I will be adding this to my wish list asap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds fantastic. Kyra definitely sounds like my kind of character and I absolutely love that cover.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with everything you just said! Here's hoping it's as great as it seems. :)

      Delete
  10. OMG, I LOVE THAT COVER!! AND THE SYNOPSIS!!! What a GREAT pick, Genni!!! I have never seen this book before, but now it's going onto my Goodreads shelvesd!! WOWSERS!!! : )

    Thanks for featuring this book!! Thanks as well for commenting on my "Can't Wait Wednesday" post, and sorry for the late comment! <3 <3 :) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maria!! It's totally fine you are commenting late, we all do sometimes. :D

      Thank you!! I hope you love it!!

      Delete