Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Top Ten Tuesday | Books I Loved But Can't Remember Much About

Hey everyone and welcome back (or to!) my blog! I'm Genni, and today I'll be participating in Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Until this 2018, The Broke and Bookish hosted the meme, so give them so love as well! :)

This week's topic is "Books I Loved But Can't Remember Much About". For this, I decided to look at my 2014 and 2015 favorites shelf on goodreads. Not only was I not a critical reader in 2014 (or 2015, for that matter) , it's also been three to four years since I've read these books, so I barely remember anything. 

Here are some of my "favorite" books that I know next to nothing about anymore!


10) Gravity by Melissa West
I mean, I read the whole series, but by the third book, I already was forgetting things about the first book. Luckily, West does a good job of recapping everything! A fun, albeit forgettable, YA sci-fi series. 

9) Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson
Honest to god, I really don't know what this is about anymore. I just know it's a hard-hitting YA contemporary, but I coculd also have just garnered that from the cover. 

8) Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman
If you ask me about any major plot points, I won't be able to answer. I still remember that metaphor about teenage girls being like clay - easy to mold into the shape you want them.... that definitely struck a chord in me. 

7) Of Beast and Beauty by Stacey Jay
All I remember is a blind girl going down a roof and being a ninja in the third act?? But um...that's all! 

6) Partials by Dan Wells
Okay, I recall loving this, and I even bought the second and third books. Did I read those sequels? No. Do I still own them and want to read them? Yes. Will I just find a spoiler-y review so that I don't have to reread this? You know it. 

5) Plus One by Elizabeth Fama
I mean...look at that cover! All I know now is that there's this girl in the light and a boy in the dark? Or something like that?? Also, I'm pretty sure I cried while reading this, but that's all I remember...

4) A Mad Zombie Party by Gena Showalter
Once again, I only remember one specific part of this book, and it's actually a quote. I don't remember it perfectly, but it went something like "[insert name here] loved me as a boy, [insert other name here, maybe Mila?] loved me as a man". Besides that, I just know some bad-ass zombie fighting went down, and it tied up a lot of loose ends I had. 

3) The Bridge from Me to You by Lisa Schroeder
I know there's this guy who wants to build bridges for his career..but that's it! I do vividly remember Lisa Schroeder's I Haunt You, You Haunt Me and Chasing Brooklyn (which I heavily recommend!!)

2) Cat Street Vol. 8 by Yoko Kamio
All I know is that my ship sailed in this one, and there was a... hacker? Maybe? To be honest, I wouldn't say Cat Street would belong on my faovirtes; the volumes didn't impact me like Fruits Basket or Marmalde Boy. 

1) The Taking by Kimberely Derting
The Taking is a first book in a series and there's aliens (or something?) in it. I know there's a scene with fireflies, a girl wakes up years later and is the same age, and she falls in love with her boyfriend from the past's younger brother. And there's a character death. So I guess I remember some things, but not enough that I could coherently talk about it.

Have you read any of these books? What did you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you soon with another post!

Happy Reading!

Genni @ Ready, Set, Read!

8 comments:

  1. I still need to read A Mad Zombie Party, so maybe I can eventually help you on that front! Lol! It's been too long since I read The Taking, but I still need to read the sequels! Hoping to find a summary/recap at the one blog!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it's good, but I can't remember much else about it! :) To be honest, I don't think I'm going to be reading the sequels to The Taking. It's just been too long, and I've lost interest.

      Thanks for stopping by Jessica!

      Delete
  2. I remember thinking the Partials series looked good. I need to read those...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked it for a reason, I just can't remember it now! All I know is that the ending was what made me love it.

      Delete
  3. I haven't read any of these books, I know I did read one by Laurie Halse Anderson but, I couldn't tell which one or what it was about. Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess Laurie Halse Anderson is good at the time, but doesn't stand the test of it!

      Thanks for stopping by Jovita. Have a good day too!

      Delete
  4. You know, I'm pretty sure I read Twisted but I couldn't tell you what it's about at all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! It just didn't leave an impact, unfortunately!

      Delete